Dry Stone Walling Workshops
Dry stone walling is one of the world’s most ancient crafts. It is a construction method used throughout the world. The product of a skilled craftsman can last for centuries.
New workshops just announced. See below for details
Modern dry stone walling is used for landscaping, garden walls, boundary fences and as a decorative design feature. The use of local stone blends the wall into the natural environment.
Our two-day workshops offer ‘hands on’ and theoretical training in the skill of dry stone walling for gardeners, do-it-yourself enthusiasts and professional landscapers. Corporate team building workshops and private tuition or courses are also available upon request.
Varies on venue locations and inclusions (see Venues and Dates section)
Gift vouchers also available
• Full tuition and guidance
• Introduction and course notes
• History of dry stone walling
• Slide presentation on various styles and applications of dry stone walling
• Advice and access to further information
• Use of tools and gloves (bring your own safety glasses)
• Certificate and class photo on completion
• Tea, coffee, light refreshments and lunch (Accommodation and Saturday night dinners at some venues, see further details below)
Geoff Duggan is a Professional Member, Master Craftsman, Advanced Instructor and Examiner under the Dry Stone Walling Association of Great Britain's Craftsman Accreditation scheme. He has delivered more than 120 workshops over the last 20 years.
Also visit the links below for more information on dry stone walls.
Venues and Dates
Tahmoor workshops $300pp or $580 per couple (accommodation not included)
On these 2 - day weekend workshop you will construct a free standing dry stone wall using quarried slate